The Downtown Anacortes Alliance hosted a Planning Workshop with local volunteers and statewide experts. We are focused on 3 goals:
- Create a gateway for Anacortes that is inviting
- Make the transition from car-first to pedestrian-first space
- Celebrate Anacortes’s marine character and deep commitment to the arts
And we are planning 2 projects:
- Refurbish the welcome arch including paint and electrical work.
- Artistic, painted curb extensions to make crossing 10th and Commercial more fun and friendly.
We are now drawing up more detailed plans and budget and will next meet on March 10th. If you are interested in volunteering, let us know.